At Parc Ferme, we are fascinated with the automobiles of the world. From the luxury UAE Rolls Royce Collection inspired by Sheikh Zayed and high-performance race cars to vintage and classic cars alike, we can’t get enough.
Luckily, you don’t have to leave the area to see some of the greatest collections of cars around. The UAE is home to some of the world’s most impressive auto museums. Here’s what you can expect from a few of our favorites:
1- The SBH Royal Auto Gallery
Private Collection – Open to the public
Hours of Operation – varies by day
With a love for luxury and classic autos inspired his late father, Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammed Al Nahyan, Sheikh Sultan bin Zayed purchased an Alpina V8 Roadster in 2004. Little did he know, his affinity for luxury autos would grow into a stunning showcase of 39 of the finest cars in the world. Open to the public, located in Abu Dhabi, the SBH Royal Auto Gallery is housed in the Sultan’s private compound.
Once you’ve finished admiring the gallery auto collection, you can enjoy a meal in the Work and Dining Facility, shoot some billiards on one of the many tables in the Social and Games Facility, enjoy the beauty sights of the Yas Marina Garden, rev an engine on the Karting Facility, or peek in the Technical Support Facility. The Royal Auto Gallery is the perfect destination for a fun filled day in Abu Dhabi!
Highlights of the SBH Royal Auto Gallery include:
– Aston Martin One-77 – complete with a handcrafted aluminium body, with a top speed of 220 mph, Aston Martin claims the One-77 is the most “powerful naturally aspirated production engine in the world.”
– Benz Motor Wagon – one of only 125 replicas of the first Benz automobile, this vintage auto pays homage to the beginning of automotive history.
– Jaguar XJ220 – one of only 281 vehicles manufactured, with V12 (twin V6 turbo engine), 4WD and a sleek body, the XJ220 is a dream.
– 1967 Chevrolet Corvette – nicknamed the Sting Ray and powered by an impressive V8 engine, this classic auto is the epitome of muscle cars.
2- Sharjah Classic Cars Museum
Traditional Museum – Open to the public
Hours of Operation – Saturday to Thursday: 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM; Friday: 4:00 PM – 8:00 PM
The Sharjah Classic Cars Museum first opened their doors in 2008, closing briefly for a massive renovation in 2013. This auto museum is a must-visit destination for classic cars lovers. Attracting tourists and visitors from around the world, this impressive collection displays over 100 classic cars manufactured in the early 20th century. In addition to getting up close and personal with some of the world’s most impressive classic automobile, visitors can also learn about the history automotive industry as they tour the collection.
The museum is divided into five sections, each representing a distinct historical stage during the development of automotive industry. The collection includes classic autos, motorcycles and vintage bicycles, as well as a variety of car engines all on display. From Rolls Royce, Ford, and Mercedes to classic Chevrolet and Bentley’s, when you aren’t admiring the autos you can read about the brilliant innovators who brought their glamorous vision to the open road.
Highlights of the Sharjah Classic Cars Museum include:
– 1915 Dodge Model – the oldest model automobile on display in the UAE.
– 1969 Mercedes-Benz 600 Pullman – one of only 2,677 vehicles manufactured, this vehicle belongs to His Highness Dr. Shaikh Sultan Bin Mohammad Al Qasimi, Ruler of Sharjah.
– 1957 Bedford Model – used in the UAE for military purposes, this unique truck is a must see while touring the museum.
If you’re looking for a fun filled day enjoying the world’s finest autos, a trip to the SBH Royal Auto Gallery or Sharjah Classic Cars Museum is sure to do the trick. In the meantime, if you are in need of safe, secure and discreet storage for your luxury auto during your next business trip or holiday, the professionals at Parc Ferme are here to help. Our white glove service is designed to care for your auto as if it were our own.
Contact us today to learn more.